From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:11:20 -0700
Thanks Zoo & Maren for your stories. This should be a warning to any
one who offeres ferrets to "FREE" homes or even rescues wo adopt out
and don't have manditiory adoption fees. Not only do heartless SOBs
look for free ferrets, kittens & puppies for snake food, but they also
aquire them as "BAIT" for their fighting dogs. People looking for homes
for their babies should always ask for a reference such as the person's
vet, get the person's phone number & adress and "ASK" questions of the
possible adoptors to ensure the baby they are trying to place will be
going to a good home. They should also ask for a rehoming or adoption
fee, not that you actually have to accept it. Where I live, Dog
fighting across the bridge is popular and the people are always looking
for "Bait" to train ther dogs. I keep an eye on our local papers for
"Free To Good Home " adds. I call the person up and warn them of the
dog figting problem and what they can do to try ensure their pet is
gooing to a good home. Personally, I NEVER adopt to people who own
constricting snakes unless I Personally know them as I know non of
my kids will become food.