Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:42:45 -0800
Also to update Big Bear.  He's doing well with his wheels, though he gets
rather bummed when he tries to get into those small sorts of places, he no
longer fits in.  Strange though, he was neutered and descented before we
had rescued him....and well... while I was bathing him, guess what I found?
Scared the heck out me, thought oh no please not a tumor.  Well it's not.
It's yes half his man hood still there.  Poor kid, it's not like he doesn't
visit the vet enough as it is.  But .... well it's gonna have to go.

Also question....I've been discusing with an other ferret person the idea
of diapers.  Since he can't tell when he has to go poo, it just dropps
where ever.  It's not nice when it happens in his bed and we wake up to him
all covered in it.  He gets more bathes than he really enjoys, though he is
fairly resigned to it.  It would be nice to contain it to at least just his
bottom.  Has anyone tried this?  Just don't give me any ideas that require
sewing, I'm completely sewwing illiterate.  Don't own a sewing machine,
thread or needles.  We also had chronic couch problems..  We removed legs
and actually stapled linoleum to the sides of the couch where holes were.
It was getting to the point where the couch, well was becoming rather cold
and uncofortable, and we really like to sit on the couch without it feeling
like sitting on the floor.  We finally got a futon and it's great.

On a completely different note...Talk about litter problems, I'm not
mentioning any names here but a certain shelter child seems to never want
to go in the same place twice and never in the litter box at all!  I
thought they were supposed to pee and poo at the same time, well I'm
positive thats not happening either.  He really wants it to be everywhere,
oh and forget the tips, He has no quams peeing in his food, bed where ever.
I actually know the prob too.  He doesn't do it in the quaritine room (our
bathroom, which is a world away from all other ferts).  It seems the smell
of other ferrets cause this.  It's really bad in the play room, (oh he
hates other ferts too) so when all the other kids are back snug in their
beds, it's a two and if we are feeling really nice more hours of litterally
folowing the little bugger around with paper towels and disinfectent spray.
He tries to urinate on every possible surface.  Don't know if anyone has
any advice, but it has to be something up.  Oh he's less than a year and
fixed too.  Completely healthy now too.  Loves people, likes to do the
charge and glue to pants legs, loves to be scratched and snuggled too.  He
hates other ferts, dogs, cats or anyother animal in general.  I'm starting
to wonder if his only hope is a nice adopter who has no other pets.  What
are the chances of this?  To top it off he's gorgeous, he would of been
adopted several times over, except we won't adopt to people with pets.
Really for their own good too.  Anyways now that I let all my frustrations
out about this silly kid I feel better and I'm sure you have all heard
enough of my poopy and pee pee problems too.

Dooks to all,
Kristine, Bear, Syvia, Moby and Sid

Friends Of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
Bend, OR
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057
Help Friends of Fuzzies every time you browse or shop on-line-at no
cost to you.  Just begin by clicking here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=3909&mid=33722