From:
Rhoni Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:52:12 -0700
Hello there all.  I haven't written in a while, but I do read.

Tomorrow I am going to collect my second rescue Ferret.  He was found
running down the highway, bleeding and terrified.  A very kind woman picked
him up and took him to the vets where he was stitched up and given good
care.  The vet said he was the sweetest boy, despite his injuries (looked
like a dog or something got him) he never bit or clawed, just cuddled in.

I know very well to keep him in a seperate room from my three girls for a
week to assure he doesn't have anything nasty, despirte the clean bill of
health the vet gave him.

However this is my first male.  I know they are as sweet and fun as
females, I have no worries about that.  I even have a seperate cage ready
should he prove antisocial.

My question is - should I take any different steps when I DO introduce
him to his new sisters then I would on introducing another female to the
business?

I have read on here and in the magazines that Males can drag females around
as part of play, and my one little girl is well... a mommies girl.  Prefers
humans to ferrets, dislikes the others touching her and will play with them
only on her own terms.  She has her own cage to keep her from screaming
everytime one of the others move in their sleep.  I don't want her abused
as she's such a... wimp.  Any suggestions or precautions you advice would
be appriciated.

Rhoni with
Nala, Ling-Ling and Bronwyn (soon Lwk as well)