Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:14:23 EST
>From:   [log in to unmask]
>Subject: A ferret that doesn't like treats -  need advice
>
>A newbie arrived, lost and found... A one year old (?) female silver
>that does not like Ferretone, FerretVite, Laxatone, Peanut Butter,
>Olive Oil, or Honey. I finally had to scruff her with my teeth to trim
>her nails over the weekend.

Thank you all that contacted me. I have been on the FML for 13 years
or so, and you always pull through with help. I got some interesting,
strange, and helpful input. For the archive purpose, I'll tell you
what has gone on the past couple of days with the little girl...

The best advice was PERSISTENCE with the Ferretone. I don't like giving
any of the treats listed on a regular basis, but I know for a single
fuzzball mom, Ferretone on the belly to trim is the easiest way. So,
Wednesday night I tried the finger to the lips again, then caught her
with her mouth open and in went my finger to the tongue/gums. Wallaha.
She then licked my finger, but wouldn't take the Ferretone off the
saucer. Thursday, repeat finger, YES, then held saucer with Ferretone
to her face, while holding her - YES. Wallaha. I have a couple o
weeks to work with her before trying the belly tactic nail trimming
effort.

Shari