From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:34:38 -0800
We got a surprise arrival the other day.  Instead of a typical slow glow
at the end of the bridge, we saw a brilliant flash.  Out of that walked a
stunning little ferret named Stewart.  I was quick to dash up and greet
Stewy to make him feel welcome and to make the transition as smooth as
possible.  But I was sort of worried for nothing.  He wasn't as caught
off guard as we thought he'd be.  I tried to show him where ferrets
snuffle the tall grasses, chase the lady bugs, and smell the mosses.  But
his dark little eyes were intense and zeroed in on one thing up here.
To find Capone.  He said Capone was a real scamp and that he feared the
havoc he'd reek up here.  I had to calm him down and tell him there is
not such thing as "trouble" up here.  Uncontrollable havoc, like ferrets
like it.  I think Stewy just likes the thought of having a "job" and
being a counterpart though.  And that's good.  It'll make Capone so
happy.

It took all day to find that Capone.  Not because he was hiding or up
to any mischief.  It's just we couldn't walk ten feet without some one
commenting on his fur or his bushy tail.  All the girls wanted to braid
it and put things in it to dress it up.  You know how girls are.  The
guys were envious about how bushy it was.  They thought it pretty cool
so Stewy made lots of friends.  Finally, we found Capone.  Just where I
knew he was.  At the reflecting pond.  He had heard about Stewy being on
his way and Capone wanted to check in on his mommy.  He knew Stewy would
be just fine.  I saw I was a third wheel at that point, and left them
gazing into the water.