From:
Michael and Kelly Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 02:15:47 -0500
We must have the stinkiest ferrets in the whole world, based upon everyone's
posts!

Davey and Moses are males, neither descented, Davey the only one neutered
(until the 21st, that is).  And when they tussel, your nose KNOWS it!
 Davey's scent went down after he was fixxed, and became worse when Mosey
became a MALE ferret.  I assume that the smell will decrease when Mosey is
neutered.

Also on smell/scent, when I was in training for my current position, I was
away from my family and ferrets (and computer--miserable!!) for six weeks.  I
sought out and found a pet store that had ferrets and cared for them very
well.  I went in there at least once a week, just to hold the fuzzies.  And I
would not wash my hands for some time, so that I could smell their familiar,
warm scent the rest of the night.  It reminded me of home.  I am not usually
a scent-seeking person, but that was a special case.

Kelly & Michael, the Ferret Fuzzies and Feline Furries