From:
Chris Greeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:10:11 -0500
I have had Gizmo for about three weeks now.  He is a 9 week old neutered
male.  During his first week or so with me, I thought he was a little
aggressive.  He liked to nip a little, but I didn't see it as too much of a
problem, I figured he was just exploring things like little kids do; with
their mouth.  Now the problem has gotten much worse.  He has taken to full
out biting.  It doesn't hurt, although he will grab unto things and shake
back and forth like he is trying to kill a mouse.  His full time access to
his room has had to be taken away a few times this week for long periods of
time because he gets worked up and just won't calm down.  He attacks my
feet, attempts to dig through my feet, and is just generally very rough.
Is there some condition that predisposes violent hyperactivity?  Am I just
a nervous new ferret owner?  How can I make him calm down a little so that
we can actually play?  He isn't interested in anything but wrestling,
whether with me, or my shoes, or whatever else he can find laying around.

-Chris, and a very restless Gizmo