From:
Greg Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:17:15 -0800
My vet called me today with questions about a ferret he was treating.
(Isn't it nice to be known as a ferret nut!)

Four year old, neutered male.
Symptoms:
Progressive weight loss over a month period.
     Does fine for 4-5 days then vomits for 2-3 days.
No fever.
Dehydration (due to vomiting)

Blood work:
Elevated liver enzymes, kidney normal, all other normal.

Exploratory surgery done:
Adrenals appeared very normal.
No blockage found.
Tissue samples taken of stomach, liver, spleen, kidney all normal.  Special
staining done for heliobacter with negative results.
No tumors found.

Current treatment:
Treating symptoms only with ameloxin(sp?) (heliobacter was best guess with
cushins right up there)

Any help would be appreciated and needed soonest.  My vets name is Dr.
Thomazin in Newport Hills, WA (206)643-1170.  I gave him the names of some
of the vets on the list and if he's contacted you don't need to write me.

Thanks to all!
Greg Hastings                                  [log in to unmask]
Auburn, WA

Money was invented so we could know exactly how much we owe.