From:
Stacy Patchel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:18:10 -0500
Hi guys!  I'm an old subscriber making a comeback for the question.
Scooter, my 2.5 year old ferret, was diagnosed with an adrenal tumor today
from an ultrasound.  My vet has never done the surgery.  She called several
area vets & none of them do the surgery.  The local vet school will do it
for $800 but there is absolutely NO WAY I can pay that!  I can't watch him
die either!  One vet will give him the medicine, but according to Dr.
William's article in Modern Ferret, this treatment is pointless.  With the
price of the surgery, it may be my only option.  Anybody know if the meds
really work, if $800 is a normal price, any advice?

Thanks,
Stacy