From:
dfrazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:34:23 -0500
Hi Everyone..

I see such sadness in any post that deals with the need to help a treasured
fur kid to cross over when they are too ill or in pain to go on.  I found
this text quite a time ago..  and have kept it and formatted it nicely and
printed it out for vet and many have put it up in their offices..  and some
even give a copy to the little ones family when the bad news is also given
that a little one cannot get well and is in pain or is suffering.. or both..

this little poem by an Anonymous Author says all there is needed to say..
and what I believe any fuzzy would say to their family if they could speak
to us at that time..

          If it should be...

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day, more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stands the test.

We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So...
When that time comes please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
But stay beside me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you do for me
Although my tail its last has waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it must be you
Who must decide this thing to do
We've been so close, we two, these years
Remember joy among your tears.

Anon.

shared in love and caring for all ferrets everywhere...

dayna and the woozles

October 30, 1998  The Day The Music Died.  I love you Allegro... and will
miss you all of my days.