From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 11:37:00 -0700
Hi all,
Well, after a VERY long drive in a REALLY slow U-Haul truck with A LOT of
stuff packed into the back of it, I've finally arrived in Ca-ca land.  I
ended up moving from Daytona Beach, FL to the SFO East Bay area after all.
Took I-40 most of the way, and the guy at the "Agricultural Inspection
Station" insisted that he look in the back of the truck... grrrrr I was not
happy with that, but at least I had made the decision to put my little ones
in back of the driver's seat covered with a sweat shirt--totally invisible
to the prying eyes of the "Agricultural Inspectors." It was actually kind
of funny how lucky I got--there's this guy wearing a badge, leaning on a
box with the words "Ferret Playpen" printed all over it asking if I had any
other animals other than my cat.  I really question the validity of the
"Agricultural Inspection" when I am "forced" to have my property searched.
They could care less about "Fruits or Vegetables." I think the real issue
behind these "Agricultural Inspection Stations" is to find contraband.
Bastards!

Anyhow, on the topic of food stashes, I have had my little guys in Ca-ca
Land before about 2 years ago for the summer.  When I moved back (was going
to University in FL), I had to clean up all the junk that was in my bedroom
to make room for the junk that I had aquired over the past 5 years of
living in FL.  Well, behind my dresser (which was a favorite "hidy-hole"
of the two when they were last here) I found... About A CUP OF OLD, STALE,
FERRET FOOD!  Wow!  I haven't even gotten to the closet yet.  It scares me
to think about what I might find in there!

Dooks to all,
Chris