From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:10:35 GMT
This is sort of related... and while some may think I'm a bit too
'whatever', others may not.  Maybe I should feel uncomfortable posting
this (and probably will afterwards), but...

A few people on the list already know this, but in July of 98 my husband's
father purposely and deliberately stepped on Renny (who passed away almost
a year ago now, on Sept 10 :() not once, but THREE times!  I witnessed the
entire thing!  I ran over and literally had to pull his *#@#!!@* foot off
of her!  At first I decided I would just concentrate on her healing and
getting better if she made it, and ignore him while he was still here.
However, he later showed up with my husband at the vet's and was overheard
by me making snide and 'cute' remarks about it to the office manager (who
had sixteen of her own at the time, and didn't let him off easy).  Renny
was still in x-ray, so I took the opportunity to put him in his place.
I've not seen nor spoken to him since.

Long story short... I told my husband if his father was ever allowed to
set foot in ours and Renny's home ever again that he'd be minus a wife.  I
meant it then and still do.  My husband still has a relationship with his
father (who lives in another state) even though he believes and agrees it
was done on purpose... they just don't get together at our house!  Had it
been one of my family members that did this, they would no longer be
considered family by me.

As an aside, several on the list believe this could and most probably did
cause Ren to get sick and also contributed to her death :(

Sonya
(who still misses and is still lost without Ren, and feels no guilt
whatsoever, by giving this ultimatum)