From:
Judy Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 18:34:23 -0700
First of let me say I believe vets are very necessary.  I have used them
for years and Have one of THE BEST.  He gives me credit when necessary and
listens to what I say, discusses the problem and explains all the
alternatives.  If we disagree well we disagree, but since I pay the bill I
win.  Now, let me say this - prevention will always beat out treatment.  My
vet.  doesn't always agree.  He cannot see any reason to give my animals
vitamins (especially vit.  C), but he has to admit I have a lot fewer
problems with my animals than most of his clients.

This new vaccination protocol is being soundly denounced by a number of
vets.  Probably just like the AMA doctors denounce alternative care for
people.  They don't like change and they only support what they understand.
BUT, we also have minds and should read and investigate this new protocol.
I for one have embraced it wholeheartedly.  Once an animal is mature, I
don't give a lot of shots.  Too much risk!  I don't see dogs dying all
around me from distemper.  Distemper attacks the young, the old and the
sick.  If your animals fit that then vaccinate by all means.

Each of us will have to make our own decision on this subject and that is
as it should be.  Remember your vet.  is human and to be human is to err.
Vets are not gods and should not be treated as such, although when they
save one of our fuzzies we are tempted to look at them that way.

Anyway, the key here is to listen, study and evaluate.  Make your own
decision and base it on all the facts you can get.

Judy/Moonsong Ferrets