From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:14:24 -0400
Most ferret shelters are now overwhelmed by surrendered ferrets, etc.  I
really think it is time to put a stop to pet shops selling them.  How
did they put a stop to cats and dogs being sold (with exeption of a
couple in MA that I know of ????  If someone can trace back on how that
was done, maybe we start there to put a stop to it.  Do they even sell
bunnies anymore?  I know big birds in most pet shops have been stopped.

What is going to happen when shelters can no longer take these surrenders
in?  What is going to happen to those ferrets?  I feel we really need to
do something now.  The only good thing about ferrets in pet shops is that
they are neutered/spayed, dogs and cats are not.  It all starts with the
big breeders and supply and demand.  We need to make the demand smaller
and start putting our heads together to really think of a way to stop
pet shop sales.  That would be a start.

Eleanor, Donald and the 6 pack (soon to be 7)