Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 16:28:23 -0800
Dooks all !
A few nights ago I got an email from Bryan Coffey asking if he could
include some stories I'd wriiten in the FPB.  Naturally I was honored and
said yes.  My friend Nori and I were going over the stories shen I felt a
pang of guilt and started crying.  Nori looked over my shoulder and said,
"You've forgotten someone, haven't you?" Yes, I did.

WILLIE - A Foster Not Forgotten

Willie thought back to a time not so long ago.  He remembered when his
human mom died.  How me missed the way she held him, softly stroking his
fur.  He knew that they day would come when they would be reunited.

Now they were together again.  Willie had said goodbye to those on earth
and had joined his human mom.  He was so happy to be back with her.  Yet,
something was missing.  He often thought of those left behind on earth.  He
knew he would see his sisters when the time came.  But, there were others.

A soft, gentle voice interrupted his thoughts, "What's troubling you,
Willie?".  Willie turned to see FAHL, messenger angel of The Rainbow
Bridge.  She was such a sight to behold.  Her name alone stood for FAITH,
AFFECTION, HOPE, LOVE.  She embodied all those important characteristics.
It was FAHLs job to watch over the ferts and make certain they had an
escort to The Bridge when their time came.  She brought such comfort to
those she came in contact with.

"Hello, Fahl" Willie said.  "I was thinking of some back on earth, how I
miss them".  Fahl responded, "I'm sure they miss you as well, Willie.
But I sense there is more to it".

"Yes", he admitted, "I was wondering about the other humans in my life.  If
I will ever see them again.  Wondering if they will ever know how greatful
I am to them.  There was Chris, the shelter mom who took me in.  The other
volunteers at the shelter who played with me and held me.  The lady vet who
tried to make me well again.  And my foster dad.  He gave me a home until
my time came to say goodbye.  They all gave me love ...".  Willie sniffled,
"How could they ever know how greatful I am?  I wish there was a way I
could let them know I think about them".

Fahl smiled at Willie, "Yes, they know - they know how you think about
them".  Fahl reached out her paw and brushed Willies cheek.  "How?"
Willie questioned.

"Through tears" explained Fahl.."Willie, have you ever been playing and
suddenly found tears falling from your eyes?  When a human thinks of a
fuzzy who is at The Rainbow Bridge, they often cry.  Those tears find
there way into that ferrets heart and causes them to think of that human".
Willie looked up, "Does the same thing happen if I think about them?".
Fahl nodded, "Yes .  .  .  If you think about them, and begin to cry, they
will sense it as well.  They will know that you are thinking of them".

Fahl brushed a tear from the side of Willies cheek and held it before him.
"Remember the great waterfall at The Bridge?".  In the tear he could see
the waterfall, the beauty and splendor.  Water cascading down.  The mist
causing a colorful rainbow that gave The Rainbow Bridge it's name.

She continued, "That waterfall, the lovely springs, the rivers, the
rainbow, the very essence of The Rainbow Bridge have been created by all
the tears that are cried.  Whether they were happy tears or sad tears.
They were tears of love.  It is that love that created this place, and
that love which keeps hearts together".

On earth, a fuzzy dad looks at a sign over the doorway to "The Kids Room".
A small metal sign with a drawing of a ferret and the words "Ferret Zone"
printed across it.  On it are the names of each ferret which has blessed
his home.  Black for his own, red for fosters and rescues.  It's easy to
tell the fur-angels names because of the little circle halos drawn above
them.

Taking down the sign he takes a red marker and draws a halo over another
name, "WILLIE".  With tears in his eyes he can only say, "Sorry I forgot
you boy.  I miss you".