Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:44:15 +0000
I don't know who wrote this. It was on the FML a long time ago. I
copied and saved it to my phone. Whoever you are, I want you to know
your words have reached well beyond just one post. I have often gone
back and re-read during times of need. I have shared it with friends
as they went through their own struggles. I shared it again today.

For all this, I want to say thank you.

Kim

Here is the post:

To say its kinder to let them go on their own is to take the easy way
out. Sometimes the way they go "on their own' is NOT quiet, nor swift
nor pain free. To give them a final send off while they can still be at
least somewhat themselves, and know they have family at hand and know
they are loved and can get the chance to offer their own final goodbyes
is the harder choice to make - but it is the right choice! When you get
to a point where you are wondering if "it is time", then it IS time.

For all the moments of laughter and happiness they give us, the quiet
companionship during a nap or when reading, their mesmerizing gazes
that sear into our souls, the chatter they engage us with, the
countless amusements they offer us - the least we can do is give them
one short final respite from their pains and problems.

Your happy memories will far out weigh the tears of his passing.
Knowing you've done what you can to give him his best chance and have
offered him a final dignified send off will serve as consolation for
the difficulty of the decision.

Take heart, sometimes the kindest thing to do is one of the hardest
things to do.

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
~Oscar Wilde

[Moderator's note: Hi Kim. That was posted by a different Kim --
Kim <[log in to unmask]> on 14 Dec 2010. BIG]