From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:41:06 -0700
Hi Melinda;

I'm glad to see an older fert doing pretty well..  the only red flag was
your note on "found a very small latex very soft porcupine squeek toy."...
Ferrets have often eaten bits of a latex toy and had it block their
intestines, needing surgical intervention to prevent death.  A long happy
life should not end this way, I'd either find another toy or supervise every
minute they're together.

A rescue of age 7-8 years came in some 2 years ago, and Timmy's recipe
helped add almost 2 more years to her happy life here.  You might look at it
on Timmy's web site, in my sig.  file for the future.  I'm giving it every
couple of days or so as a nutritional booster to all my guys.  I do this in
recognition of the devalued quality of all our food due to commercial farms,
and the intentional adding of toxic waste to the fertilizer that's then put
on food.  It's actually legal in 26 states, and the fed. ag. dept. is
considering allowing it under the "new" fed. regulations concerning use of
the word "organic" in food labling.  I think our ferret kids with their
higher metabolism are serving as warnings that our polluted environment is
taking it's toll on all our health.  (personal, unscientific opinion.)

Take care,

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs.:)
AOL instant messenger name= garyferret :)/ ICQ#4461104