From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:56:46 -0400
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>  wrote on 4/14/2005, 5:13 PM:
>I agree with this statement.  I was wondering if anyone else was feeling
>the same way about the proliferation of requests lately.

I usually stay completely out of discussions like this, but I do agree.
And, I am not saying this in relation to any one shelter or group.

The FML has an advertising list put out several times a year, so that the
regular list does not get crowded with people advertising there wares.
And, while EBAY auctions would not work in that, as they run for short
periods of time, I do think that there is too much advertising of
auctions and such being posted on this list.

That said, I have gotten to the point where I simply skip over posts from
people who frequently advertise their auctions or stores.  It is easy to
do, and causes me no harm.

The sad thing is, if those people one day are asking questions that I
might be able to help with, or telling a story about a funny experience,
I am likely not going to see it, because I automatically skip anything
they post.

There are several group lists that have been created just for the purpose
of advertising fundraisers.  Anyone can join them to read about what
fundraisers are going on.  Additionally, for those people who advertise
their auctions here regularly, we know you constantly have auctions going
on.  If we are interested, we will find you.

Just MHO.
--
Danee
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator

[Moderator's note: Unfortunately, the last (but not necessarily the
final!) adverstising issue was December of 2003 :-(   BIG]