From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:14:49 GMT
Haven't written in a while- got my new job!(yea!)

But I have to write about something funny I came across last night.  I had
cleaned the litter pan and the boys were out playing in my room when my
hubby and I sat down to watch a movie.  We heard this awful scream come
from the bedroom and I ran in to find the usual.  The ferrets just standing
there, frozen, looking at me as if nothing happened.  So, I scoop them up,
and put them back to bed.  While watching the movie, I smell this burnt
rubber smell on my hands.  I thought maybe the boys, while fighting, had
become mad and maybe "excreted" something (even though they are both
descented).

Well, I go and pull each one out of their sleepy slumber and smell them up
and down.  But as I get to the tail...I begin to think "wasn't there a
rumor that these smell like flowers???" I remember a thread about it, and I
thought it was a joke, just to get people to sniff their ferret's tail.
So, I sniff and WHOA!  Flowers!!  Smells like honeysuckle!  So I run Pepe,
who has no idea what is going on, over to my hubby and make him sniff - He
says "smells like grape jellY!" It's amazing.

Then my hubby says, "Why don't they make the rest of their body smell like
that??" hmmm.  good question.

Turns out the rubber smell came from the gloves I wore to clean the litter
pan.

All in all, I think I'll be sniffing tails more frequently now...can't
believe it.

Stephanie, Chimi (the honeysuckle) & Pepe (the grape)