Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:03:00 EST
I just completed the last ferret art I will have time to make for a while.
But I really like it.  I feed animals and fish, and have had some
frustrating battles over the wetlands.

So I have a poem to go with the art.  The art piece is a Ferret standing
on top of the pier feeding a bright blue fish milk and cookies.  Down the
pier, a yellow fish in a fish net is munching on a carrot.  And all the
way down is a seagull, small turtle, and seashell and small colored rocks.
The sparkling aqua water is lapping at the base of the pier which is then
set in a mirrored base.

The poem is held in a clear acrylic with a 3 dimensional yellow fish in a
lab coat pointing to it with a ruler:

In Ferret Prophesy

He was the ferret fisherman; a fisher of the sea.
He captured fish to feed them brunch, then gently set them free.

In time they came to know him well and swarmed to reach his side.
The minnows, groupers, trout, and catfish swam in with the tide.

"Oh kindly ferret fisherman, we thank you for this fare."
 They bubbled up in greeting as they saw him standing there.

"God loves us all," he answered."But begs man to change his way.
 He murders all Gods' creatures, and will live to rue the day."

It was but shortly after that the Dead Seas came to be.
 But all was told that we should know in ferret prophesy.

(Fish swarmed by the hundreds when they came to know me.  Fisherman
fishing all around catching nothing watched the water frothing and
splashing and wanted to know what I used for bait.  How could the fish
know who I was?  I came at different times to different parts of the
shore.  They knew me before I threw in any food.  I kid you not.  They
recognized me.  Some came in couples.  Were they mated for life?  I don't
know.

Almost all were murdered in the one lake.The water was drained on a Sat.
night so I could not stop it..  All the fish were left to die in the mud.
It was hideous.  I will never forget them.  Thus the idea for the art
work.  Now to try and fall asleep.  I am like a 2 year old over this show.