From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:38:58 -0700
Hello ferreting friends --

Some months ago there was a series of posts about usimg ferret feces to
scare away gophers and moles.  There was some disagreement as to whether
the poop can be fresh.  Can you help me with this question?

My burrowing rodents (gophers are rodents, right?  I wonder what moles
are) are extremely busy right now -- perhaps they are getting ready
for hibernation?  At any rate, they are coming close to destroying my
wisterias, campus vines, pear tree, rhodedendrons, roses and other
things.... Every day I have to tear up their tunnels and block them off.
Till now I could keep them at bay, but now they are going into the roots
of the plants.

OT: I am even *thinking* of (gulp) kiLLing them if I can't find a way to
ru them off.  A little genocide in my own back yard.... Oh boy, my karma
must be withering as I type.  Nonetheless: Does anyone know a relatively
humane way to do that.