From:
stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:15:16 -0500
If anyone can give me information for what I am about to talk about I would
be forever grateful.  My ferret, Sylvestor was sick on Memorial Day
throwing up on the hour through the whole night.  I took him to the vet and
they X-rayed him and did a complete CBC.  The vet found a large mass on the
X-ray and figured it was something he ate so they operated and instead
found his spleen to be enlarged which they promptly removed.  The spleen
was sent to a lab for analysis and they won't know anything for a week!  My
God, a WHOLE WEEK!  Sylvestor's vet said that it might be lymphosarcoma
but there were no obvious signs when he operated on him.  I would really
appreciate anything that anyone has to say about this as I need to at least
know something or at least have a clue what the spleen represents in a case
like this as I do not recall reading anything anywhere about an enlarged
spleen in a ferret.  I am a nervous wreck as this is my first real big
ordeal with one of my babies and I just need to talk this out to people I
know will understand what I am going through.  Thank you all so much for
any help you can give to me about this.