From:
Diva Mihelic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:26:51 -0500
I'd like to reply to the person who found there ferret with a toilet paper
roll stuck on it's head.

I too had that happen, I had the toliet paper on the top shelve about 5 feet
up still in the package and my Rickey at the time was 5mos. climed up,
opened the package and got her head stuck wile pulling the roll out of the
toliet paper.

It must have been mothers intuition but I suddenly had the calling to walk
in the bathroom, all the while I'm thinking why am I doing this, and there I
found her foaming at the mouth.  I ripped the tube away and in a few minutes
she was fine.  I on the other hand was shaken for hours.

It was interesting to read someone else had the same experiance.  I have two
other ferrets Sara who's a shelter ferret and Foundling who was found
outside in Dec.  with a bad cold and ropeburns around her neck.

I didn't quite know what I was getting into when I got baby Rickey, The
others are docile little love furries compared to her.  She's now learned to
open the frig.  and carries vegtables and bags of carrots all over the house.

Anyway, I just got on this list and am enjoying it very much,

                           Diva.