From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:53:26 -0700
The new Ferret Giving Tree (www.ferretgivingtree.com) is up, but I had
not planned to launch it until September 15 for shelters to register,
and then October 1 for people to take ferrets from the tree, but people
found it and are posting ferrets to it, so I guess its open right now!
This is NOT the Tree that Kris Mewton worked on in the past; this is a
new tree. Kris may or may not have his own, but I haven't heard from
him.

Here's some general information about how this tree works this year:

* Shelters need to register and then activate their registration before
  they can post ferrets to the Tree.
* Shelters are limited to 10 ferrets on the tree.
* Shelters will post their own pictures and stories, so there will be
  no waiting for ferrets to be posted. If you need help with this,
  please let me know and I'll see what we can do.
* When you take a ferret from the Giving Tree, you will receive an
  email with a confirmation link to make sure you are getting the
  ferret(s) you chose.
* After you confirm your choice(s), a stocking will automatically
  appear over the ferret you chose.

Any shelter which needs help getting their ferrets on the tree can
contact me and I'll help them.

Since this is the inaugural year for this tree, I'd appreciate any
feed back on this process or on your experience.

I may need some helpers to approve shelters or assist shelters which
aren't able to post on their own, so if you want to help, please email
me.

Thanks! So, Shelters, let's get started! If you have any questions,
please contact me.

Melanee Ellis