From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:24:39 -0800
I am posting anon because I may be moving to Sacramento or near Santa
Monica.  It is only a possibility right now, but I want to be prepared.
I would like to know if anyone on the list lives near these areas and
how they keep their ferret under wraps.  Are there vets in these areas
who take in ferrets and dont report them?  You dont have to name names
at this point and time...I would just like to know if these are highly
regulated areas.  I think Santa Monica is going to be more likely, but
it is hard to tell right now.  I love California, I lived there as a
kid...but I cant believe they still have that silly archaic law.  I
remember wanting a gerbil and the lady at the pet store handing me a
hamster.  You would think the most socially conscious state in the union
would have more progressive laws ...*sigh*.

Also: How are the efforts to make ferrets legal going?  If anyone has
any links , please post them.

[NM]