From:
Elizabeth Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:50:00 CST
K:
In case you haven't had ferrets before I thought I'd mention that ferrets
play hard with one another to the extent that they look like they could be
injuring one another.  However, their skins are extremely tough, so they can
bite hard on one another without making a dent.  They also play this way
with people and other animals, all with thinner skins, not realizing it
hurts until they are taught to be gentler.  I am pretty sure they are not
attacking your other animals, but instead inviting them to play.  My ferrets
are five years old, and love to chase ME around my apartment, but when they
"catch" me, they have learned that they can't chomp down on me as hard as
they do with one another.

I am sure things will work out with your ferrets and Jess, once they realize
he's "not much fun." I assume Jess is a dog?  Also, they might be attracted
to Jess because of his ears.  They often enjoy grooming each other by
licking one another's ears.  (Just a guess...)

I hope this helps.  If you are not sure about how to train your ferrets not
to bite, or not to bite too hard, I am sure others on this discussion list
will have some ideas.  Good luck!

   L.