From:
Jane Odell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:16:46 +0100
Hi once again,
Well...i picked up the new boy, Emil.  He`s most definitely not 10 weeks
old from the size and weight of him he`s probably between 6-7 weeks.  To
look at him you see this adorable bundle of fluff, with lots and lots of
teeth :o( Whoa, does this boy bite!

None of my other four have ever been biters, well not since they`ve been
with me (3 were rescues).  I`m a little bewildered by this tiny guy.  He
bites hard, hangs on and always draws blood.  Every time i put my hand in
the cage he bites.  I`ve had to start handling him with gloves, but he never
bites the gloves.  As soon as i take them off, chomp!  I`m off shopping soon
to try the tobasco (sp?) sauce someone mentioned in an earlier post.  I know
this subject has been covered hundreds of times, but i could really use some
help.  It's got to the point no one wants to pick him up.

Also i wanted to ask for some advice for my Katy.  A few weeks back she had
a circular wound on her side.  I thought at the time one of the others had
bitten her.  I bathed it a few days it scabbed up and i didn`t think
anymore of it.  Last week i noticed it hadn`t gone infact it had gone a
bright pink colour and moist.  I have seen her gnawing it.  The vet
prescribed a course of antibiotics, which she has finished.  The thing has
decreased in size healing outside in, but the centre is still very pink.
Any suggestions on what it might be?

One last thing, on ferret sightings.  This may have been said before, but
i watched the movie Starship Troopers the other night, there was the most
gorgeous sable ferret near the beginning.  It was the best part of the
film :o)

Sorry to take up so much time and space, i get a bit carried away sometimes.

Jane, Harvey, Katy, Phoebe, Casper & Emil
                          ^. .^
                            *