From:
Kevin Woodyard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 00:35:35 -0600
Hi all,
Were back after a long and Disasterous experiance.  We were the proud owners
of the best Albino Carpet Shark in the world, named Casper.  We Rescued
Casper from some people who thought animals were like Knick Knacks, put em
on the shelf and watch but dont touch.  After Spending a year of patience
and a lot of help from the Folks in here and Especially Pam Greene, we
Reformed Casper into a lover.  With the exception of the habit of biting
you on the nose he was perfect :-).

But, last year before Christmas I got a call at work and was told my house
was on fire.  Racing like a madman to get home and check on my family and
finding them Ok due to my Wifes quick thinking.  I asked the fireman to due
their best to check on my other child Casper in the house.  I had very
Little hope of him being ok but i had to know.  When the Fireman came out i
could tell by the look on his face, i had lost the best friend/pet i had
ever had.  He had succumbed to the smoke and heat but fortunately hadn't
burned up in the blaze.

Ever since then i haven't felt strong enough to get another Fuzzy.  The hurt
was just too great.  While at a family gathering someone brought two of
their little rascals.  i can r3emeber thinking how skinny and malnourished
they looked and it just made the hurt worse, so i never persued even
stopping at petstores to browse at the little Beauties.

By happenstance about a month ago i walk into alocal Earl May Store while
waiting next door for our Van to be serviced.  The first thing i saw was in
the back of the store in a galvanized cage sitting on top of a bunch of
Chinchillas was an Albino ferret al by himself.  He was the Spitting image
of Casper and i had to hold him.  After aasking the manager of the store if
it was ok i woke him from his slumber ( this took a bit he sleeps like a
rock) I coaxed him out of the cage and picked him up.  The first thing he
did was chomp down on the knuckle of my middle finger.  The store manager
started apologizing and everything.  I immediately stopped him and told him
that was the best thing I'd felt in Months.

I couldn't bear to leave him all alone in that store, but i still didn't
feel I was up to having another Little friend again.  So i went home and
mentioned to my wife about him.  She sounded happy but didn't say too much,
she was still hurting too.

About 2 weeks ffrom then we went to town shopping and for the heck of it i
stopped at the very same store and told the Wife he's Probably gone by now
but we can look.  Lo' and behold he was still there.  When Brandie saw him,
i saw her eyes well up with tears, and i knew right then and there we were
taking him home with us.

We negotiated with the manager and got all the essentials we needed for the
little Carpet bagger, aand loaded up to go home.  When we got there we set
the cage on the Dining room table un got everything ready.  Our 4 year old
son David came in with the other kids Ashley 9 and Alisha 1.  David knew
what happened to Casper in the fire so I knew this was going to be
especially hard on him.  When i reached in and lifted him out of the box,
David's Eyes got as big a a quarter and he yelled at the top of his lungs
"CASPER".  Him and casper were best of friends.  I tried to explain to him
that it wasn't Casper but all he could do was say Casper, and ask " Did you
unburn him Daddy" I don't think i have ever had the urge to cry more in my
life.

But now we are in the process of traing our yet unamed little Ball of fluff,
and getting him used to us and the Children.  I think now that we have him
home, I shouldn't have waited so long to get another, but then again maybe
it was fate that we waited to give this little guy a good home.

My Best wishes to all of you and your Fuzzy little Friends and Enjoy them
cause ya never know what can happen until it does.

Sincerely
Kevin, and Brandie Woodyard
Ashley, David and Alisha
Baby(the Momma Cat)
Whoopie(The Wrotten off spring of baby)
and (A fuzzy with No name, but lots of Love)

Dooks and Hugs