Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 21:40:36 -0400
Mike -

Totally Ferret is not a rip off - if it is local, a 5 pound bag runs closer
to $12.00.  Yes, that is expensive, but let me tell you why.

Mink food is for quick growing and lush coats.  It is not for longetivity.
A ferret can live on mink diet as well as it can live on cheap cat food.
What you see in your ferrets are exterior enhancements, but speak nothing on
interior maintanance.  Mixing mink diet with a quality cat or ferret food is
fine, but I would not feed mink diet alone.

When compared to other high quality cat foods, Totally Ferret is not that
far off.  I am in Northern VA:
Totally Ferret - 20 pound bag = $36.00   $1.80/pound
Innova Feline - 16 pound bag = $23.00     $1.43/pound
Iams Cat - 20 pound bag = $23.00     $1.15/pound
Mazuri Ferret diet - 25 pound bag = $25.00     $1.00/pound

I can't find a receipt for the 20 pound bag of 8 in 1 Ferret Diet.

Totally Ferret uses all natural preservatives (a bit more expensive), has
been tested on ferrets in all life stages and for breeding and kits, and
this is all they make, in a very specilized market.  I know that one needs
to order National Mink Diet in pallets, and it is uneconomical for the
average ferret owner.  And I would not buy bags from some individuals due to
the way they store it, not to mention how the product is made (all those
chemicals).

The STAR* Ferret Diet analysis is formatted in an Excel Spreadsheet.  It is
going to the printers on Tuesday.  I have included 25 different ferret and
feline diets for consumer review.

To receive a food chart, send a SASE marked FOOD CHART to STAR* Ferrets.  If
you want to get the nutritional text along with it, subscribe to STAR*
Ferrets because it will appear in the June 96 issue.  Hopefully, I can get
it uploaded to my Web site this Summer.

Check out STAR*'s Web page through http://ferret-world.csc.peachnet.edu
or...

For more info on *Shelters That Adopt & Rescue Ferrets, and to receive a
listing of ferret shelters, contacts, vets, supplies, clubs, etc.  in your
state, send a LONG self addressed stamped envelope to:

STAR* Ferrets
PO Box 1714
Springfield, VA 22151-0714

Information helps all ferrets and owners.  This is NOT just for shelters
only!

Pam Grant, Director