From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:00:15 -0500
I agree that suggestions can be helpful, even if they only make us
reconsider something and we still come to the same decision.  I think
I'd just prefer to be copied on posts that criticize us.  If we have
been overly sensitive, we'll try to do better in the future and not bring
other people into it.

I'm sitting here looking at the several thousand dollars we still need to
raise to help the Utah ferret rescuers, and at the pile of IRS tax-receipt
letters that I need to spend the rest of my break sending out (at my own
expense) before my next semester of teaching begins.  All five members of
Support Our Shelters do our work for free because we genuinely care about
the ferrets and the people who rescue them.  The shelters do a heck of a
lot more than we do, and we know it, and we want to help.

I admit we're amateurs.  But we work hard, we are honest, and we are open
to suggestions that are openly given.  We are also open to help from new
people (like Sharon and Lisa Marie who joined us this year) ... and to
donations from anyone who cares enough about the ferrets to donate.

2001 was a hard year for everyone on the list, so let's work together to
scatter some fuzzy bright spots across 2002.

Blessings
Judith

--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *