Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:01:31 -0500
Ms Tyminski said:
>In my experience girls and women are far more nurturing than boys and men.

This is not a flame but I have to disagree with this statement.  I have met
alot of men and boys who are very nurturing with their pets, in fact for
many of them pets are a safe haven to transfer emotions.

In the case of my ferret Lance, he was purchased by a couple for their 12
year old daughter along with his sister.  The daughter drowned and killed
Lance's sister and her parents wisely gave Lance to the shelter.  I then
adopted Lance at 4 months of age and he came to me frightened out of his
wits and nervous and easily startled.  He is still shy with strangers and
nervous.

My point is you have to look at the individual and not group people into
catagories based on their gender or age or anything else.  It is just
another form of prejudice.