From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:29:35 -0500
Hello all
I am writing this with a heavy heart as tragedy has again come to us.
Last night in his sleep Willie, our big ole baby lost his battle with
insulinoma. So now there are 12. I wanted to take a minute of your time
to share Willies story with you. I hope that the lady who gave him
and his cage mate Sandy is reading this. Willie came from St. Louis,
MO. I received a call from a lady who had found him in a parking lot
and already had Sandy that someone had abandoned in an apartment.
Her husband would not let her keep them and she called us. We went
willingly to pick them up and so they two fuzzies that were homeless
came to live with us. The lady had named Sandy but not Willie, named
after boxcar Willie the hobo, so we named him. Willie was a big dark
chocolate colored boy, weighing in at 3 pounds before he got sick. He
was easy going and never fought with any other ferret even though he
was a lot bigger than most. He was missing a front canine tooth before
he came to live with us but it didn't affect his eating ability. He was
such a good natured boy always coming over and laying on his back for a
nice belly rub. People were just drawn to him and his big affectionate
heart. Willie lost his little siver girl Sandy about 2 years ago. I
worried so much that he would grieve himself to death for her but the
always resilient fuzzy took up with Ricky a new dump off that we had
just got in and the two have remained cage mates until today. Willie
lost his site shortly after he and Ricky became cagemates and Ricky
always seemed to keep an "eye" on Willie, leading him out of things
when he couldn't figure out how to get out himself. A few weeks ago
Willie developed horrible diarrhea and I took him to the vet. He
recovered from the poopies but was diagnosed at that time with
insulinoma and we were told it was not a good diagnosis and his
prognosis wasn't for a longer life. We brought him home and put him
back with Ricky. Last night he let go of Rickys paw and crossed over
the bridge to be with Sandy once again.

I hope the lady that gave them to us is reading this so she will know
that he and Sandy are together again, she was a very nice person. She
is fact the only person that ever surrendered a ferret to us and then
called back to check on them. I had a card from her but unfortunately
it was lost when we moved to LA.

So that is all I have to say, except that my big ole boy will be missed
so much.

Kim and the remaining 12 fuzzies.