Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:53:19 EDT
It has come to my attention that someone is trying to sabotage adoptions
at my shelter..a person wrote me saying "A woman called my fiance and
told him that no longer were applicants being accepted to adopt ferrets
for the shelter was backlogged as it was.  She told him the shelter was
not taking in enough money to stay afloat and was going to have to be a
retirement center only for then the government would support your costs.

This is patently a LIE.  Completely untrue - as in there is no basis of
truth.  Perhaps if I was willing to give this person the benefit of the
doubt and that they had me confused I would be okay with that - except
for the fact that they mentioned things specific to my web site,
www.ferrethaven.org.

I want to publicly say with no room for error - unless I post it - do not
believe any rumors, postings, emails, scuttlebutt whatsoever about the
shelter.  I am the only person that posts for Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea".

To continue (and I have no problem naming names) the surprising news
about the shelter:

"My fiance whom just returned home informed me that the woman's name is
Sharon King.  She is short, overweight, and of the African American race.
Please e-mail me back, i would really like to know if your shelter is
still just that and is accepting applications for adopting ferrets"

Unequivocally - there is no such person associated with my shelter.  They
have no right to speak for us, nor does she have any standing within our
shelter.  She has never, according to our records, adopted from the
shelter.  In essence as far as I am concerned, this person is committing
libel and will be notified to cease and desist...

If I were a blunt person, I would say that not only are they talking
out of their ass and lying to boot..but then again, I shelter and so
therefore are a much more tactful person than that.  If anyone has any
questions about this, they are more than welcome to email me.

If anyone has any knowledge of this person, feel free to pass my message
on.  She is always welcome to contact me to straighten out her
misunderstanding about the shelter.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org