From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 19:04:19 -0700
    One night about six years ago I was awakened by a tiny munching sound.
I sat up and listened.  It was coming from the ferret's cage but it sounded
funny.

    "Shas?  Is that you?" I asked, and turned on the light.  Shasta was
curled up sleeping--and, standing on tiptoes, helping himself to her food,
was the tiniest mouse I have ever seen!

    He was no bigger than my thumb, and was a soft chocolate-brown and
very velvet-y. And all the while he was stealing her food she was asleep
just inches from her head. . .

    Kate (now owned by Emmett and we haven't seen a mouse for years)