From:
cyndi johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:00:35 -0600
I have a ferret who began exhibiting a high fever and was extremely
lethargic on wed ....he did this almost overnight....I took him to the
vet and she has had him since.  His fever remains high and he cant hardly
move...he looks awful...his coat is dull and his little face is so full
of pain....when I hold him he just lays there, he tried at first to give
me kisses but it seemed too much for him...we do not know what is wrong
with him....

some people on here suggested it might be DIM....so I began to research.
I so hope that he does not have this.  my vet is scheduled to do a
muscle biopsy on Monday that should tell if it is DIM or not....if it
is can anyone give me any "real Time" advice as to how to proceed with
a possible case of DIM?  I haven't found anything they sounds like
treatment and also nothing about survivors.  Has anyone had a ferret
survive DIM?  If his biopsy does come back positive for DIM what do I
have to look forward too?  I will pay whatever it cost to save my ferret
IF he can be saved......but I don't want to keep him alive if he is in
pain and will have a terrible remaining life.  If it turns out to NOT
be DIM .....anyone have any idea what to look for next?

Cyndi Johnson