Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:47:28 -0400
Keep a daily or weekly behavior log for you pets.  Every 2 weeks we have
a "Ferret Day at the Spa" where we trim nails, brush teeth, clean ear
and weigh each ferret.  This is also a good time to fell around for
anything unusual.  The weights and other relevant information is put in
a spreadsheet which allows us to compare weights over a period of time.
This includes seasonal weight loss etc.  The daily logs monitor
medications, behavior, events from the day (like annual vet visit),
eating habits and anything else unusual.  We have an Insulinomic ferret
and this way we are able to track Prednisone dosages, weight, amount of
food he is eating and episodes.  It has been really helpful.

I also think we should collect and post a summary of tips somewhere...any
ideas?

Ailigh