From:
"Newell, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:00:00 -0400
I got a call when I got to work tonight from my vet he had a 6 year old
Ferret in "Thumper" and its white blood count was low or high I don't
understand all that stuff.  All I did understand is that he needed a large
ferret for a blood transfusion the person who's ferret is sick had another
ferret a small male but he was not large enough to give blood.  Dr Klin is
not sure at this time what has caused the anemic condition but knows he can
not do any kind of treatment until he gets that part fixed.  There are no
tumors and Thumper has black tarry stools.  Dr Klin has told Dan it does not
look good but he wanted to continue with the treatment and I was more than
willing to let them Take some blood from Tuff my 2 year old male he is over
4 pounds so he can spare a little.  He is also a half brother on the fathers
side to Thumper I don't know if that will help or not.  Both boys are out of
Linda Harra's line, Dr. Klin called Linda first but Linda asked him to call
me since I lived right around the corner and she knew I had a large male he
could use.  I will post the outcome if anyone has any ideas let me know.

        Tim and the Gang