Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:56:16 -0500
I was interested to read the comment about a deaf ferret making pez
motions with his head and that it was a firm indicator of deafness
to the rescuer.

I have had ferrets for years. My last two were both deaf, completely
stone cold deaf, and neither one of them EVER made a pez head motion
with their heads. I wonder if this is common? Does anyone else see
their deaf ferrets make this motion and what is the reason for it? Is
this a commonly accepted "diagnosis" of deafness or a way to tell if
the ferret is hearing or not when unsure?

I would be very interested to hear if others have seen this pez head
motion in their deaf ferrets.

Tracy