From:
"D.A. Steele" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 10:00:02 -0700
Still having a problem with the end of the newsletter - in fact it was cut
off before I got to the topic which was addressed in the last issue.  If it
is a problem with how large the email is why not send it in two parts.

Anyway for FYI I saw the 10:00 newscast on Fox last night.  It showed 60
dead chickens and approx 10 dead rabbits- they all had a single bite and
were drained of blood.  The Fish and Game of CA attributed the attack to a
weasel- and a single weasel at that.  With the demonstration set to occur on
the 14th it seems to be quite a coincidence.  The owner of the ranch said
that the creature that attacked his chickens etc.  was a mythical animal
well known in Mexico.  The tracks were shown and that was how the F&G
identified the animal - but the rancher said the bite mark on each animal
was that of a three toothed attacker.  This sounds like an attempt to
discredit weasels along with ferrets.  I don't think a wolf would attack so
many chickens etc.  let alone a single weasel- it is just so ridulous.  But
the general public, not being aware of the true nature of the domesticated
ferret, will probably buy into the propaganda.  The painting by Leonardo Di
Vinci (which can be seen in the FERRETS IN ART HISTORY web page is a
dramatic illustration of how long the ferret has been kept as a pet.  It
shows a woman and her albino ferret posing for a portrait.

Thanks for everything,
Donette and
Scooter, Hershey and Fritz