From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 09:17:06 -0600
I've never had adrenal surgery done on my ferrets, but I have twice had
surgery for them.  One was to pull a huge piece of rubber out of Espie's
small intestine, and one was an exploratory surgery that resulted in
biopsies and pathological analysis of kidney and intestinal tissue belonging
to C-pi, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge bossing other ferrets around.
Both surgeries ran over $400, not including bloodwork and preparatory exams
or X-rays, which were probably another $150 or so.  However, it did include
anesthesia and antiobiotics and IVs, as well as the oral antiobiotics we
took home with us.

Medical care is expensive -- what else can I say?  We have a choice of
paying for it or suffering and in some cases, dying.  I've run up the bills
a couple of times.  We have some of the best health care in the world in
America (knock on wood and hope it stays that way), but all that technology
and equipment and training is expensive.

It's been worth it to me.

Linda