From:
Rhyakitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:26:59 -0400
Hi Ferrises and the FML!

I personally would not use the kitty litter crystals with a fuzzbutt.  The
beads are made of silica gel, which is *extremely* hydrophilic, i.e., sucks
up more liquid than you'd believe.  Since fuzzies love to tunnel in things
like a clean litter pan or a rice box after they've had baths, the beads
could cling to them, their sensitive little noses and butts, or any other
moist region, up to and beyond liquid waste, and be painful and/or
difficult to remove.  Plus, there's the swallowing factor to consider as
well.

This stuff is a godsend for cats, but IMnsHO, I feel that sticking to a
newspaper or wood pellet based litter would be best for your woozles.
But that's just my $0.02.

Rhya (can't fight the seether) Kat