From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:37:40 -0400
Hi--

A short note from Celtic Ferrets and the short life and quiet leave taking
of the last of our adoptees to leave us.  He came to us an old, ill, half
dead ferret.  He charmed his way into the heart of several of my freinds
and moved out to live with Tina and her family.  He finally succumbed to
his illness and was eithanized a couple of weeks ago.  Pictures of Willie
and other past and present members of Celtic Ferrets can be seen at my
husband's website at http://www.geocities.com/danieloriordan/

Tina loved Willie and knew she was taking home an old ferret who would
break her heart.  He did.

Last Aug while recovering from my own illness, I agreed to accept a ferret
named Willie.  We believed him to be 1 or 2 yrs old when he came to us.
After he arrived, he was an old Marshall Farm's boy, half dead, and we
didn't expect him to live out the week.

I took him to the vet.  I expected to be euthanizing him on that first
trip.  The vet diagnosed insulinoma and said to give him a chance since
he was so alert and interested in the world.

Willie became a family project hand feeding him duck soup around the clock.
He finally gained a bit of weight, and began to eat on his own.  The next
battle was to get him off his cheap kitten food and onto a decent ferret
food.  The old trick of marinating the food to comingle smells combined
with slowly increasing the levels of the new food while removign the old
food took 2 mos, but finally worked.

Willie had always been an only ferret and was terried and never accepted
any of my ferrets or Tina's.  He loved people and occassionally slept on
my chair.  He also liked to sleep under the fridge and Dan said keep in
in the playpen after having to empty and move the fridge and a couple of
china cabinets to retrieve this guy.

We didn't have much history on Willie.  His original owner died and he
was passed along several times.

Sandee, now that Willie has settled in at the Bridge, you can help him
find his littermates, parents and original human family who may be
looking for him.

KG
Celtic Ferrets