From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 09:55:39 -0500
Eli:
I'm sure we can make care for your ferrets the least of your worries.  I'm
trying to get a hold of the NY groups for you.  If nothing else let me know
when something is needed and I personally will make sure it happens - if I
have to drive up there myself.  Good luck.

Angora Ferret:
Thanks Urban!  Is that all the longer the hair is?  I already have a dark
eyed white with hair that long.  Odd that someone in Oklahoma thinks thats
worth $300 ALTERED and won't consider selling them whole.  Certainly sounds
over priced to me.

Tanya at UCSC:
Are you in South Carolina?  There is at least one Southern breeder who
'fakes' Marshall Farms tattoos.  Sometimes they don't even get altered
before the tattooos so be careful.  The 'fakes' I've seen are not
particularly good looking animals.  They have ugly heads (okay all ferrets
are beautiful inside where it counts).  You also unfortunately can not
always trust pet stores or the wholesalers.  There are a lot of cases where
non-Marshall Farms ferrets get sold with a Marshall Farms warranty card.
Dr. Bell at Marshall Farms told me this is a big problem for them.

Totally Ferret:
Not sure why Tom Willaard said something to Howard Davis about that quote.
I talked to Tom after I wrote the quote he was really concerned about.  Dr.
Bell talked to Dr. Willard while Totally Ferret was in development.  I do
not mean to imply that Dr. Bell had a developmental role in Totally Ferret.
Both Dr. Bell and Dr. Willard have acknowledged that a conversation of some
sort took place.  Marshall Farms competes with Performance Foods so
obviously MF would not assist to a great extent.  The two people involved do
have a difference of opinion in how much of a conversation took place.  Dr.
Bell having talked to Dr. Willard for the quote I made is perhaps misleading
especially out of context, but not technically incorrect.  Dr. Willard I'm
sure talked to many people while researching ferrets.  Dr. Willard of course
deserves full credit for the development of Totally Ferret.  He is a highly
qualified animal nutritionist.  It is as specialized as veterinary medicine
and while a vet knows something about nutrition and a nutrionist knows
something about veterinary medicine, both people should be more
knowledgeable in their own niche.  I highly recommend Totally Ferret as one
of the best foods for ferrets I have used.  I apologize to all concerned for
any confusion.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets