From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:58:52 -0800
We are all so happy to see how well Rascals neuter went and how different
he behaves with ours now.  Not sure how many people rescue hobs in rut, but
this was our first.  Within a few days, he was just lightly nipping one or
two of our four.  Quite different from grabbing their necks and holding on.
Now he is licking them or as some say grooming them.  Today was the first
time I let him in the cage with our four.  It was odd watching all five not
know where to sleep and kept changing places..  We have some hugh hammocks
home made, but Rascal takes up the whole darn hammock,lol!  We use a
Midwest Ferret Playpen and Rascal makes the stairs move,hehehe..  Rascal
partially laid on Sylvie and you could barely see her,hehehe.  Our biggest
is 2.5 pounds and smallest 1.4 pounds.  I have to laugh when he pushes ours
with his nose, they all fall down...LOL!  Hate to say tho, after having
smaller ferret's, I think all of ours have lost weight..  Can some of you
share with me how well your 4+ pounders do with the 1 pounders?  Would
appreciate any help..  Will keep you posted since this is the first hugh
ferret we ever had.  Sometimes I feel ackward because he is so big and
wonder if I need to treat him differently then the smaller ones, or need to
look at something different to make sure he is ok.  He is such a teddy
bear.  Can hold him like a baby and rub his tummy forever and he is only 1
years old.  Also, today was the first time in days he has played with Fluff
Fluff the alpha.  Not sure why he played with the other three and not Fluff
Fluff.  Does this make sense?  Sure I know all are so different.  Thanks
for all your support..

Debbie who is always asking questions