From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:20:15 -0600
I just heard on KCMO which is Kansas City news that a guy was stopped
on a layover from Chicago to St Louis and beyond.  Apparently this idiot
had been able to board American Airlines plane in Chicago with a furry
in a cooler.  In St Louis where he had a stop to change planes, they
would not allow the furry on the plane.  This idiot, then allegedly took
the ferret into the bathroom at the airport, tried to drown it and then
beat it to death and then tried to flush it down the toilet.  Apparently
he was nabbed in the act but not before the poor ferret had passed over
the bridge.

First of all why did they allow him on the first plane with the cooler
and why oh why was the idiot carrying the ferret in a cooler of all
things.  Especially at this heightened security level.  My husband (who
says he doesnt like ferrets) saw this on the earlier news but there was
not much on the late news.  Also there was a shelter on there (FURRY
perhaps?) who said they had as many as 1000 ferrets come through their
shelter.  Bits and pieces were all I picked up.  Perhaps FURRY can tell
me more about it.  But the authorities are charging him with animal
cruelty etc.

You just wonder what goes on in some people's minds.  Why didnt he
just hand the ferret over to the security people if he didnt want it.
Somebody at the airport would have liked a darling ferret that was
supposedly 6 months old.  I dont know if I am making a whole lot of
sense, but I am so angry and so was my darling husband who despite
the fact he says he doesnt like ferrets has been known to play with
our furry fivesome and hug them and even talk to them.  It makes me want
to cry.  If anyone, especially the St Louis shelter knows anything about
this, let me know.

Sandee, please welcome this poor little unwanted ferret to the loving
arms of his furry friends into heaven.  I know he will find love there
as he did not on earth.