From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:22:30 -0500
She has now kept in 4 meals today, a vast improvement since the wee hours
when they kept coming up, and steaming with the clothing steamer (I KNEW
there was another reason for going to that expense...) has really improved
her lungs a lot.  Now, since she IS a ferret, it is even a touch hard for
short periods to keep her still enough, but she's still sleeping a lot
which is exactly what she needs right now.  She still goes into chills at
times but not as often, acts a bit nauseated till this last meal when she
didn't even show that, and needs extra care.  Seems to be dizzy now and
then, too, which this flu does to me so that's not a surprise if it does
it to her.  So very glad we didn't lose her to it last night.  Will try
to stay up tonight to midnight or 1 or so to get more food and water into
her and get in another steaming if possible.