Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 01:07:44 -0700
I am a bit depressed tonight.  Rasta who is dying from insulinoma, was not
acting like his usual self this evening.  He was diagnosed with it in July
and has been on Prednisone ever since (do not give your opinion on this, he
is 6.5 years old and the vet did not think surgery was an option).  I know
the "dangers" associated with pred, so I do not need to hear them.  Some of
us have no other option, and I do not want him to suffer.

Anyway, the main reason I am concerned is that when I let everyone out to
play, he crawled into my lap and just wanted to be held.  I, of course, did
not mind this, but he has NEVER just crawled up on his own.  That does not
mean he never cuddles, but usually I have to pick him up and hold him.  I
am worried that this is his way of saying goodbye to me.  I held him for a
long time and then he needed to go potty.  I put him in his usual spot and
bent down to say goodnight and he kissed me.

I know he has not been doing well.  I told my husband that this might be a
good time for him to spend some time with him tonight.  I am crying as I
write this, because I have a bad feeling about this.

Please keep him in your prayers, I do not think he has much longer.

Had to share.

Take care all~