From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 08:25:51 -0400
Hi everyone!  We're moving to a two bedroom apartment next month and our
5 little girls will finally have their own room.  As of right now, their
cage is in our dining room.

I've considered eliminating the cage all together once we move.  They
don't use litterboxes, they CHOSE paper towels to use instead so as long
as they see a piece of paper towel, they go where they're supposed to.
Their food & water can be set on the floor...but what has me stumped is
their hammock.  All 5 LOVE their hammock.  I used to have the little
store bought ones, but I had to buy a larger pillowcase for them so they
could all be together.  If I do away with a cage, what do I do about a
hammock?  I've thought about once of those dog beds, but I don't know if
they'd take to that.  They're not "hammock only" ferrets when it comes to
sleeping...but for as long as they've been with us, when bedtime comes,
they all know to go to their hammock.  They'll take little snoozes
throughout the day in other places.  For those of you who don't use a
cage anymore & have a seperate room for the ferrets, what do you use for
a bed?  We don't want them roaming around the apartment at night, so when
bedtime coms, they'll be put in their room.

Suggestions?  Comments?

Mish