From:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 04:10:30 -0600
Hi!

I have been lurking for quite a while on the FML, and finally decided to
post a message.  My husband and I have a 2 yr.  old ferret named Blossom (or
"Stinkblossom").  She is really a hoot....she lives in a 2-story cage, with
a hammock on the second level.  Sometimes she sleeps on it, and other times
she sleeps rolled up in a towel, t-shirt, etc.  We also add an old sock on
occasion.  Blossom loves to tunnel into a sock...it is really funny to watch
her inch her way to the end.  After a while she will get tired of this sport
and will make a U-turn inside the sock and come back out again.  One time I
was sitting near the cage reading and heard the "click-click" of the water
bottle.  I glanced over towards the cage and didn't see a ferret at the
bottle.  Then I realized that Miss Blossom was inside her sock (with her
head at the toe end) and was drinking water THROUGH the sock fabric!  Silly
ferret.

She is a sweet ferret, except for being a hit-and-run ankle biter.  She will
get in a nip on the fly and scoot under the nearest available piece of
furniture.  Also, if you stand too close to whatever it is that she is
hiding under, she will strike like a copperhead ;) If you are wearing socks
and long pants, she has learned to search for bare skin above the top of
your socks in order to get the desired effect.  This seems to be an
unbreakable habit of hers...oh well.=20

Will share more adventures from Blossomland later, as this is getting kind
of long.

Pam, David, Blossom the stinky slinky, Yellowcat and Furball (cats),
Jimmie (parakeet), and Sparky (dalmation puppy)