Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:23:23 -0500
More hoarders (here):
http://www.centredaily.com/news/breaking_news/story/272355.html

This story surfaced last week. A special thanks to Dr. Ruth Heller,
who traveled to the SPCA to examine and treat the ferrets. She took
food, bedding and toys. One required some additional care and the
other 5 were fine. They are being held at the animal shelter for legal
reasons and cannot be released at this time. The people there know
nothing about ferrets, but were open to her help. They could probably
use some help with care (as could ALL shelters this time of year) and
some proper ferret food and bedding. If you are interested in helping,
contact me off-list and I will send you the contact info for the
shelter.

(there):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_east/7117522.stm

Strange places:
<http://www.kenilworthweeklynews.co.uk/news/Firespinners-ferrets-a-panto-horse.3530962.jp>
http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2007/11/26/daily21.html

Happy faces:
http://herald-zeitung.com/story.lasso?ewcd=7da76f2c720b3e57

Mandatory microchipping in New Mexico?
http://www.koat.com/news/14700399/detail.html

Human ferrets - at home (swimming):
<http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/01/knights-cruise-to-title-in-fhs-invite/>
and abroad (skittles):
<http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=135244&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134944&contentPK=19125280&folderPk=79054&pNodeId=134839>

(including Noel Coward!)
<http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/artsandentertainment/story/0,,2220416,00.html>

And, parts of speech (a light way to end!):
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/display.var.1861394.0.0.php

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the